Wednesday, April 21, 2021

To my dear EX

 I sure wasted tears.

Many a nights in fear.

A life without you. Unimaginable!

Oh! The future, the loneliness. Terrible.


Faint signs at the start.

Your words could cut my heart.

Guile was mastered to an art.

We were falling apart.


What wasted times!

The end was milk and limes.

Cacophony, fights, woe my precious prime.

Even this poem has better rhyme.


Sure, you will say you are better.

I never knew such an expert quitter.

At size XXL, you claim to be fitter.

Your kind words sour and bitter.


Ah! look. Thank goodness I got away.

Leave, don't leave, perennially I would sway.

Air fresher, life lighter, better days.

Goodbye! Live! Don't ever cross paths - I say.


3 comments:

  1. Very original, quirky and funny poem, despite the breakup. Well done Shree

    ReplyDelete
  2. "At size XXL, you claim to be fitter.

    Your kind words sour and bitter."

    Loved that part.


    Discovering Shree, a Woman of feeling



    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the expression, 'milk and limes'.

    ReplyDelete